These Are a Few of Our Favorite Sweet Things
Gingerbread, chocolate chip, peanut butter blossoms and sugar cookies! Oh My! We’re sure many of you have been baking away in your kitchens preparing some of your favorite sweet treats for your holiday celebrations. Our team has been at it too! A few of the ladies on our team love to bake and we’ve asked them to share one of their favorite recipes with you. Enjoy!
Remarkable Fudge (from Better Homes and Gardens)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 5-ounce cans (1 1/3 cups total) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 12-ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 7-ounce dark chocolate or milk chocolate candy bar, cut up (optional)
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
- Butter sides of heavy 3 quart saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat till mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate pieces, cut-up chocolate bar (if desired), marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla; stir till chocolate melts and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute. Spread in the prepared pan. Score into 1 inch squares while warm. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into squares. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Makes about 4 pounds (96 pieces).
Jamie Oliver’s Gluten-Free Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 g dairy-free margarine , (suitable for baking), plus extra for greasing
- 100 g crunchy peanut butter
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g gluten-free plain flour
- 200 g ground almonds
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 125 g dairy-free milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease two large baking trays with a little margarine and line with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, beat the margarine, peanut butter and sugar for around 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then fold into the mixture with the flour and ground almonds. Roughly chop and fold through the chocolate.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays, leaving a rough 4cm gap between each. Lightly pat the mixture to flatten slightly, then pop in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
Sift together and stir in:
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in mixture of 3 Tbsp. sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes—until lightly browned but still soft. Makes about 90 cookies.
Signature Design Interiors provides customized decorating, remodeling and staging services for busy individuals and professionals who are looking for turnkey service. From start to finish, we handle ALL of the details for you from budgeting, drafting floor plans for fit and function, sourcing furnishings and remodeling materials, and finally project managing the entire back-end process of ordering, measuring and installing until the last detail is complete. We serve the Washington Metropolitan area including - Washington, DC; Northern Virginia – McLean, Vienna, Reston, Herndon, Arlington, Alexandria, Annandale, Burke, Tysons Corner, Centreville, Chantilly, Oakton, Falls Church, Clifton, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Great Falls, Gainesville; Loudoun County - Ashburn, Brambleton, Dulles, Sterling, Leesburg Montgomery County MD - Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring; Prince Georges County Maryland, MD - Bowie, Laurel, Upper Marlboro. We will also travel to assist with vacation homes.