Grilled to Perfection - A few of our favorite recipes for Memorial Day
Well, we’ve made it . The season we’ve been waiting for has arrived- Summer! Summertime is filled with entertaining friends, using your grill to cook up some amazing recipes, and eating some frozen treats. Summer’s signature recipes are sponsored by the grill! The best part of grilling? It’s always an easy clean-up. Here are some of our go-to grilling recipes!
Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cob
A couple of years ago, we tried this recipe from Must Love Home and it is not only easy to make, but full of flavor! With only 5 minutes of prep time, it will sure to become one of your favorite recipes too!
- 5 Ears Sweet Corn, husked and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ Stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chives, minced
- Fire up the grill to 400 degrees
- Top each ear of corn with a pat of butter
- Bake corn for about 25 minutes until it starts to brown. Make sure you turn the corn occasionally while cooking
- In a small pan, melt ½ stick unsalted butter. When butter is melted, stir in parmesan cheese and chives.
- Mix completely
- Remove corn from grill and drizzle of corn ears.
- Serve while hot and enjoy
BBQ Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kabobs
These BBQ Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kabobs are another one of our go to recipes! Plus, the parmesan chive corn on the cob would make a great side with this main dish! Here’s the recipe that will leave your guests wanting more!
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 ½- 2 inch chunks, salted lightly
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (we happen to like Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 lb bacon cut into 1-1 ½ inch segments
- Fresh pineapple cut into 2 inch chunks
- Combine chicken pieces with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and marinate for 2-3 hours. (This step can be omitted if you're pressed for time!)
- Microwave bacon for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you like it. Let bacon cool slightly.
- Using wooden skewers previously soaked in water for at least 1 hour (or metal skewers!) thread chicken, bacon pieces and pineapple in a pattern. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold thin bacon pieces over in half and arrange next to the chicken, being careful to not put the bacon pieces too close to anything else, so that they have space to heat up properly to cook.
- Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 155-160 degrees F. Slather remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on kabobs when they're nearly cooked. Cover loosely with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Frozen Blueberry Pie
No BBQ would be complete without a frozen treat for dessert. This no-bake frozen blueberry pie is a refreshing summer treat!
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1.4 cup butter melted
- For the blueberry pie filling
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- For the Graham Cracker Crust
- Make the graham cracker crust. I crush the graham crackers in a food processor then add the sugar, pulse it to combine, and add the butter. Pulse it a few times and it’ll get nice and combined and crumbly for you.
- Dump the crust into a well-greased 9-inch spring form pan or deep-dish pie plate. Spread it evenly around the bottom and then work it up the sides. Stick the pan in the refrigerator to firm up a bit while you make the filling.
- Next, combine blueberries, sugar and 1/2 cup yogurt in your food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining 1 cup of yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla and use an electric mixer to combine until smooth.
- Add the blueberry mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat on medium to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add heavy cream and use your mixer to beat it until it turns into whipped cream - stiff peaks are what you want
- Fold the whipped cream into the blueberry mixture and carefully combine. Get your graham cracker crust from the refrigerator and pour the blueberry pie filling into it.
- Freeze the pie until solid, about 3-4 hours.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy your Memorial Day holiday and the official kick off of summer! Let us know in the comments how you plan on celebrating and if you have any great recipes you’d like to share with our readers.